Health & Safety
Acenta is committed to achieving the highest possible standards of health and safety across the group’s operating divisions and functions. As a minimum we ensure compliance with all relevant Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
Management see investment in health and safety as an essential part of our commitment to the prevention of injury and ill health, achievement of zero accident potential and the promotion of a positive health and safety culture throughout our business activities and employees. Health and Safety is the responsibility of all employees and management and ultimately the Chief Executive Officer. The Health and Safety Group Policy is implemented across the business by our Health and Safety and Environment function and adherence to these policies helps achieve:
- A robust Health and Safety management system conforming to ISO 45001:2018.
- A continuous improvement through a constant review and audit of our activities and systems from independent occupational health contractors.
- A reduction in exposure to risk via ongoing risk assessments which are maintained to ensure, as far as is reasonably practical, our employees have a safe working environment.
- The provision of all financial and physical resources required to support our policy.
- The setting of Objectives and Targets to drive ongoing improvement on our KPI’s on near misses and achievement of zero RIDDOR accidents.
Health & Safety Policy
A safe and healthy working environment for all its employees and visitors. Download PDF
Distribution Division ISO 45001:2018