Acenta is dedicated to the protection and enhancement of the environment. We are committed to maintaining our proud complaint free record by fully recognising the impact of our operations on local communities and the natural environment.
We invest heavily in preventing pollution, improving energy efficiency and setting targets to drive continual improvement in environmental performance.
Adherence to the Acenta Environmental Policy is driven by our Health and Safety and Environmental function which is committed to:
- As a minimum complying with legislation, regulations and industry codes of best practice.
- Continual compliance with Environmental Permitting Regulations and the issue to our Hot Rolled Division of a Pollution Prevention Certificate(PPC), issued and audited by the Environmental Agency.
- Taking appropriate opportunities to minimise waste and re-use and recycle materials.
- Provision of financial resources to invest in environment friendly capital programmes such as energy saving projects.
- Investing in audits carried out by external consultants on our Environmental Management System (EMS) and maintaining BSI accreditation.
- Measuring, monitoring and auditing the improvement in our environmental performance.
- Reducing emissions to air.
Acenta Steel is committed to the protection and enhancement of the environment. Download PDF
Distribution Division ISO 14001
Hot Rolled Division ISO 14001