Acenta has a proud history originating from businesses established independently in the late 19th and early 20th century. Hot Rolled can be traced back to George Gadd in Tipton, 1865 whilst Bright Bar was established across four businesses pre and post the Second World War. The Distribution division was established in 1923 under the Macreadys brand. Successive corporate acquisitions culminated in the rebranding of the name to ACENTA and the Management taking ultimate ownership in March 2013. A new trading division, Acenta Steel Services, commenced operation in January 2014.